Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

I Less-Than Three Chicago!

I spent the majority of last weekend wandering within the "Windy City" wonderland with women. Okay, I was just trying to see how many W's I could get into that sentence. The 'women' I spoke of are my sisters Emily and Jenna and my friends Blessing, Annie, and Christina. It was a great weekend! To say that I had a blast would be an understatement!




On Friday we went to Chic-Fil-a for lunch. Yes; Chic-Fil-a! I had a large meal with their classic chicken sandwich (minus the pickles that is) and I added on another identical sandwich because I was feeling extra hungry. It was pretty tasty! Chic-Fil-a is hands-down my favorite fast-food restaurant. My taste-buds really wish they would put a Chic-Fil-a somewhere in Michigan near my house but my wallet would rather they remain in the surrounding states.

After lunch we ventured over to Water Tower Place to wander through some of the stores. My favorite part of Water Tower Place was the escalators! We just kept on going up, and up, and up, and... it was starting to escalate out of control. For absolutely no reason, I pretended like I had never been on an escalator before, all giddy and such. It was fun! The others wanted me to stop because I was quote "embarrassing" them so I stopped. They all stopped at Claire's to try on every pair of sunglasses and those clear-lens "I-don't-need-to-wear-glasses-but-I-think-they-look-good-on-me" glasses. You know which ones I'm talking about. They are basically a step up from the "COOL KIDS" who walk around in public wearing the 3D glasses from the theater. (No offense if you fit the description in the previous sentence haha).

We ate dinner at Giordano's: a pizza place famous for their Chicago-style pizza. It was really good! Chicago knows some things about good food. Here are a couple pictures from Giordano's:





I even managed to dig up an old picture of my family eating at Giordano's during a trip to Chicago from several years ago:


And, no, they have not changed the tablecloths. Not once. Okay, I bet they probably did but, hey, I can pretend! Wait. Why do I care about this so much?

On Saturday, we went to Millennium Park, famous for the chrome-ish "Bean" thing. I want to ask whoever designed this thing how they felt when they first saw the finished product because it must have been amazing to see his or her sketch turn into an astonishing piece of modern art. That was my random thought of the day. We took a bunch of pictures like any good tourists would.





Soon after the above pictures were taken, Annie told me she wanted to take a "typical girl picture" with me where one girl extends her arm forward, camera in hand, and points it back toward herself and her friend(s). She thought it would be funny because I'm 6'10'' and she's (Guess-timation Station >>>) ~ 5'6''. The end result, of course, was a picture of Annie standing next to my baby-blue mid-section. It was such a great idea! Also, this picture is basically the definition of the name of my blog. I love it!


After "the Bean" we went ice skating in Millennium Park. It was a good time! I love ice skating! I had one kind of bad ice skating experience in my resume where my skate caught on the ice when I was going pretty fast which ended with me falling flat on my face. I had to get 14 stitches above my left eyebrow. Despite my questionable ice skating history, I love it nonetheless. One of my favorite parts (oddly) is that I come in at a whopping 7'2'' (ish) whilst wearing ice skates.



After ice skating we ate at Portillo's: a restaurant famous for their Chicago-style hot-dogs. It was delicious, nutritious, and surprisingly (to me at least) not too rough on the pocketbook. I will definitely eat there again next time I go to Chi-Town. The Portillo's paper menus that they hand out have an extensive restaurant history printed in small font on the backs. When most of us were done eating Blessing read the entire thing out loud to us. It was really funny because it was really long and not that interesting in my opinion but she just kept on going. Five minutes later, we all knew way more about Portillo's than anyone could even want to know. If any questions about the restaurant come up on Jeopardy, I will be set!

"I'd like to wager infinity, Alex..."

No comments:

Post a Comment