Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Over the Years

I love Halloween. I mean, come on, what's better than free candy? Not to mention carving pumpkins, eating pumpkin pie, and dressing up as whatever you can dream up. Those are some of the reasons why I love Halloween. Every year I want to dress up as something both unique, and something way better than what I was the previous year.

This year I was Optimus Prime for Halloween. I made the costume below out of cardboard, duct tape, spray paint, and some other odds and ends. When I'm standing up, I'm a robot. When I lay down on my stomach, I "transform" into a semi-truck cab. I won an award for best overall costume at a Halloween event at my church.

Here is a video of me "transforming":


Last year I dressed up as Vince, the guy on all of the ShamWow commercials. I memorized the entire commercial word for word so that I could spew out the lines, in the same obnoxious tone that Vince uses, at any time.

Two years ago I dressed up as myself, "Thinking Arby's". I got quite a few laughs from people when they saw this one. I made it using a pool noodle and a wire coat hanger.

I don't know how long ago this was exactly, but I do know that it's been a while. I dressed up as a dinosaur. I was scary.

Here is a pumpkin that I carved three years ago. It's Chauncey Billups' face. He used to be on the Detroit Pistons for everyone out there who is illiterate when it comes to sports. 

Here is a second pumpkin that I carved three years ago. It is a picture of Toby Mac. He was my favorite musical artist back then. This picture was the album artwork on one of his first albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment