Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Tyler Bloodworth Dunk vs. Berkley

I had a basketball game against the Berkley Bears on January 14, 2010. I came of the bench for a short period of time and did pretty well I scored two points, a couple rebounds, a couple blocks, and a foul. I got taken out after that. A few minutes later my coach told me to sub back in. I went to the table and sat down waiting for a stoppage in play. As I was subbing in my coach told me to "play strong!". I went in and tried to play strong and play as hard as I possibly could. Some one on the other team made a free throw and I ran down the court and stood under the basket. I dunked in a game for the first time in my life. Billy Klotz inbounded the ball to Nick Bradley who blew by his defender and took the ball all the way to just inside the three-point line. My defender took a half step towards him as if to try to stop him. Right then Nick made an amazing pass to yours truly under the basket. To me it was all happening in slow-motion. When I got the ball I thought to myself "This is your chance. Don't blow it". That was by far the most fun I have ever had scoring two points. After I gracefully set the basketball in the basket I ran down the court and jumped for joy at the same time. My teammates laughed at me and said that I was skipping. That may or may not be true. I honestly don't know. I was too caught up in the moment. This whole ordeal has been the highlight of my sports career to date. One of the best parts was that there was a photographer at the game (which only happened twice all season as far as I remember) and he just happened to be standing under the right basket at the right time and pressed that little button on top at the right time taking what is now my favorite picture. I ordered a pretty sweet poster of said picture on Snapfish that is currently hanging up on my bedroom wall. My favorite part about the picture is the look on the faces of the people on the other team as well as the intense look on my own face. I entered the photo in a monthly contest online for the best local high school sports photo through The Oakland Press and it won! The picture was put in the sports section of the Oakland Press and I won four Detroit Pistons tickets on the court on the baseline and I got to go out onto the court before the game to get my picture taken with winners from other months.

No comments:

Post a Comment