Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pixel Art

I like to think that I'm a creative person. A couple years ago, during the commercials of the March Madness games I designed and assembled my first pixel art project: a picture of Richard Hamilton.

Gif Created on Make A Gif


I cut little squares of white printer paper on which I drew random letters, numbers, symbols, and other designs with a black Sharpie. I'm not sure the exact number of pixels but it's around 600 total. It took a long time. It took even longer after my older sister Emily dropped a blanket near my attempt at creativity sending the little squares airborne in all directions. I finally finished it after a few days. I felt like it was a success.

Earlier today I finished my latest pixel art project. This time I used paint samples from Home Depot and I taped them up on my wall. I made Blinky, the red Pacman ghost. I think the fact that this one is in color makes it look a lot nicer. It only took me two days to finish this one because it doesn't have nearly as many pixels as the Richard Hamilton one does.. I had to cut the paint samples up into little squares (around 200). It was fun! It took a while, but it was still fun.


      Creeper eyes...



















Here are some amazing examples of pixel art that I found online:





No comments:

Post a Comment