Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Joel + Pumpkin = Awesome x 760?

Two nights ago Deanne, Trevor, Emily, and Kaity came over to carve up some orange vegetables. Deanne, Trevor, and my mission was to carve everything "Joel" into pumpkins. Kaity came over to carve with my older (but shorter) sister Emily. The other Emily came to watch us and and I quote "do homework".

Gif Created on Make A Gif

Emily was the first one to arrive. We played some ping pong while we were waiting for the others to get here. It took her a while to understand the fact that you switch who serves when the total number of points scored is divisible by five. It was pretty funny. I took a few big swings just for fun. I think she's afraid to play ping pong with me now.

When Deanne and Trevor arrived we went to Meijer because I was the only one who had a pumpkin already. We found the pumpkins and tried to find the best ones. Each pumpkins had a little sticker on it with a number. The one that I picked was #4435. Trevor wanted to find pumpkin #760 (*inside joke*) but had no luck.


When we got back to my house we went in the garage to start carving. Originally the plan was to carve the pumpkins outside on my deck but it was all wet because it had just stopped raining and it was getting dark.

As I was working on transferring Joel's face from the pumpkin stencil to my pumpkin Deanne and Trevor were gutting and 're-gutting' their pumpkins. Why did they have to gut their pumpkins more than once, you ask? Deanne would take the guts out of her pumpkin and put them in Trevor's. I bet you can guess what happened next. Trevor would then take all the guts in his pumpkin and put them back into Deanne's pumpkin. Believe it or not, this went back and forth maybe somewhere around 80 times. All I could say was "Oh my word! You guys are ridiculous!". I said that at least ten times during this whole ordeal. When the little war started to get intense, Deanne asked me: "How much do you care about your garage?". I replied with something along the lines of "Ugh... I don't know...". An intense pumpkin gut war then broke out. Deanne, Trevor, and myself flung the guts at one another. It was disgusting, while, at the same time, rather amusing. Deanne had a bunch stuck in her hair. It was funny. Trevor put some on his eyebrows. Pumpkin guts were all over the floor and  walls of the garage.




 After a while the pumpkin gut war turned into a stalemate so I started carving Joel's face again.

Here are some pictures of us displaying our finished pumpkins:






We opened up the garage to take some pictures of our glowing vegetables in the dark. Everyone had to leave soon after that because it was starting to get late but I asked if they wanted some pumpkin bars before they had to go. My Mom made them a little earlier so I went inside to get some to give to them. The garage was still open, so, being the 'creeper' that I am, I went out the back door around the house, got down, and began creeping. I was also displaying the plate of pumpkin bars while creeping. I just sat there waiting to be noticed. Trevor was the first person to see me. Right when he saw me he literally burst into laughter for about half a second. He then pulled himself together to try to not give it away that I was over there. He took Deanne's camera and said something like "Deanne look over here!" in a tone of voice that conveyed a combination of desperation and creepiness. She kind of faced the camera but I think she was looking over at Emily with what I'm guessing was some sort of "What in the world is going on?" sort of look. Trevor took the picture below with Deanne as I just described her and with me creepily creeping in the background. Kudos to Trevor for not completely losing it before snapping the picture.


She still hasn't seen me at this point. Saying this picture is priceless would be and understatement. I love it.

I'm really glad that I've had the opportunity to see some of my friends that are home from college this weekend and that I'm going to see some more of them at church and Lighthouse tomorrow!

1 comment: